Sunday, March 9, 2014

Kids...They Will Tell You How It Is

Kids often have an uncanny way of telling the truth, don't they? They are not always aware of the "polite" or "politically correct" thing to say. But, we also know that they are often spot-on in their observations, and aren't as afraid to share them as adults can be. 

My faithful, pure, believing five-year-old son had a very direct and to-the-point conversation with my unbelieving husband. I was in the next room and overheard what was said.  


Son: Dad, do you see the world?
Dad: Yes, look at the pretty snow.
Son: Jesus Christ created it!
Dad: What?
Son: Jesus created the earth!
Dad: You can think that; that's okay.
Son: It's TRUE, Dad.
Dad: Well, I don't think it is.
Son: It IS true, Dad! Do you think the world just came to be? It is true.
Dad: I don't think so, son.
Son: It's true, Dad! I'm right and you're wrong.
Dad: It's not nice to tell people they're wrong.
Son: Well, Dad. It's true.

I was so proud of my boy! His conviction! He would not be convinced otherwise, despite his tender age of five! 

It reminds me of two scriptures, "And Jesus saith unto them, Yea, have ye never read out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?" (Matthew 21:16) and "...yea, even babes did open their mouths and utter marvelous things..." (3 Nephi 26:16).

Children are among the most faithful ones. And I am beyond grateful to my Heavenly Father for mine.



~Your friend, Hope, a Christian blogger